The ultimate goal : Leaner me. Definitions on shoulders. More prominent choc-bar abs. Sexy, round, butt. Sexy curves. Lean thigh.

Background image in courtesy of www.bodyrock.tv - Zuzana.

Zuzana is my inspiration. I want to achieve the exact same body like her.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another mild training

Warm up : 10mins on treadmill, speed 8.5

Routine 1

Assisted pull-up - carrying 33kg of total BW
Cable lat pull-down - 19kg, 22.5kg
Seated back row - 6kg, 9.5kg
Cable back flyes - 5kg, 7.5kg
DB side lateral raise - 3kg, 4kg
*all 15 reps x 2sets

Routine 2

OB squat - 30kg, 32.5kg
BW push-up
BW V-up
*all 15 reps x 2 sets

Routine 3

OB deadlift - 30kg, 10 reps x 2 sets
Negative pull-up, holding pull-up position and slowly lower down body to original standing position - 6reps x 2 sets (man, am I heavy!)

Routine 4

OB bench press - 15 reps x 2 sets
DB push up renegade row - 4kg, 10 reps x 2 sets

Testing on my pull-up after resting
Results : still the same status. Only my forehead reaches the bar. Damn!

I always remember my very first trainer advised me when he was about to relocate to other branch. I was worried how the heck I was gonna train myself since I was such a beginner that time, way back 3 years ago.

He said this : Try to target at least 10 types of exercises in within an hour.

So I have been holding into that principles ever since. But I had difficulty achieving 10 types of workouts within an hour. Mostly 8.

Then I found another way to achieve 10 workouts within 60mins, or better yet, 45mins.

It's called SUPERSETS.


That is what I have been doing till now, if you notice my routine. I find that I manage to do a total of 12-15 types of workouts within 60 mins when I do my supersets.

Back at the early days when I did my "straight sets", I did notice some significant muscle gain but I hardly sweat. Not as much as when I did my supersets. I honestly feel better if I sweat more. It means I am working hard, right? *wink*

1 comment:

  1. I personally think supersets work best for fat loss routines. Can't quite pinpoint why, but it just seems that way.

    For strength training, I think it's more straight sets for compound exercises. And you can do supersets for the assisting workouts.

    ReplyDelete